We are happy to confirm registration for the Winter junior competition season at the Hamlyn Park TC is now open. If you child is keen to play, this is a great way to get them to compete and complement their lessons. The competition starts from orange ball level.
- The Winter season starts April 30th and runs thru September 2022. Orange ball season starts from May 7th and runs until June 25th.
- Matches are Saturday mornings, either at the Hamlyn Park TC or at a local club.
- Matches start around 9am and finish around 10.30am
- Format is team of 4 to 6 players of similar level rotating on the roster with 4 players playing on a day; each team members plays 1 set of singles and 1 set of doubles.
- 2 competitions are available: girls only sections and boys/mixed sections. Girls are normally automatically put in girls sections unless requested otherwise.
- Cost is $35 for the whole season as well as a current junior tennis membership.
Registration deadline for the Winter season is Monday March 14th. Players who are not registered on time will only be able to register as emergency players. Note all players in the competition must be under the age of eighteen years as of May 1 of the current year to be eligible to play the season.
Players are grouped into teams of 4 to 6 players based on their grading with 4 players playing each week.
Format: 4 players, each playing 1 set of singles and 1 set of doubles.
Players who are entered in a team are expected to be available for most of the season however if you are away or unavailable sometimes, that’s ok, Your team will have extra players so you can organise a players’ roster.
NEW Players: If you have never played in the Tennis Geelong competition, Just give us an indication of your abilities on the registration form and we will contact you to organise a grading session.
During your registration, you can request to play with friends. We try to keep friends together whenever possible however this will depend on grading and numbers of players within each grade.
Please check that the email address entered on the registration form is correct otherwise you will not receive the season updates.
Register via the link below: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YwYjhAZlVV6dXbYX29NRNkjEAV9_P3D0gmiwA869uMs/viewform?edit_requested=true